I’ve been nominated for three more awards, one a repeat and two new ones. I want to say a big thanks to those who nominated me: Make Believe Boutique (Sunshine Award), Peace With My Life (One Lovely Blog Award), and Blue Butterflies and Me (Day Dreamer Award). I feel so honored every time someone names me for one of these awards. I’ll put in the requirements below.
At the same time I’m extremely grateful for every award I also feel a need to say “enough”, please don’t nominate me for any more. The acceptance posts are very time consuming and I’ve reached a point where I’m not adding new blogs to my list at a pace that allows the networking to keep expanding, which I feel is the main point of these awards. From here on out if someone nominates this blog I will say thank you and put a link to them in a post but I will not fulfill any of the requirements of the reward. Thanks so much to all those who have nominated me in the past. Links to the award posts I’ve made are below and I encourage you to check out the blogs I’ve listed.
I’ve received the Sunshine Award in the past so I am going to just offer my thanks to Make Believe Boutique and refer you to the post in which I previously accepted the award.
The One Lovely Blog Award requirements: as always, thank and link to the one who nominated you; name seven things about yourself and nominate seven more bloggers. Thanks again to Peace With My Life.
Seven things about myself:
- I took piano lessons for 12 years and voice lessons for 5 and wanted to go to music school.
- My aunt, the late Mary Jane Gallaher, was the first woman turf reporter in the world and I used to tool around with her while she took pictures for her stories.
- My grandfather, Allen Gallaher, bred and raced horses and his horse Chilhowee once beat Black Gold.
- Although I didn’t want to go, I adored every minute of a trip to Bali some years ago.
- As an attorney (long ago) I did nuclear power plant cases; trying to stop them…
- I was on a vacation to the island of Ischia in the Bay of Naples on September 11, 2001 and I heard the news while traveling on a hydrofoil across the Bay.
- I’m a major chocoholic even though I’m not supposed to eat it. Dark chocolate. Dark chocolate from Belgium, France or Italy. Brownies, cakes, cookies, candy, ice cream favorites: chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.
As far as the blogs I nominate, I don’t have seven new ones, so I’m offering a couple I’ve found recently that I really like and I refer you to the previous posts in which I gave awards to see some great blogs on spiritual topics (and occasionally expats in France and Italy and cooking):
- Everyday Miracles
- Marinating Online
For the Daydreamer Award, again I thank Blue Butterflies and Me. The rules:
1) Upon receipt of this award, you are to take a mental vacation for five minutes. Gaze off into space, look out of the window, have yourself a wonderful day dream.
2) When you have returned from your day dream, you are required to take another one tomorrow.
3) Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
- Award this to three (3) people. You can only pass on this award to three (3) people only.
1. Genie Speaks
3. Tracie Louise Photography
Previous posts on awards:
Versatile Blogger and Sunshine Award