Once you’ve changed your focus and re-framed your thinking, you can make an action plan. I have a broader definition of “doing” than the usual, so my suggestions include things like holding a vision and praying.
Some people are better at being visionaries and some are better at being doers. I see it as a scale from one to the other with people landing at many different points between, some having equal measures of both talents and others leaning more solidly in one direction or the other. I think we need all of them.
I also think some people have a talent for holding an energy space and/or keeping focused on a vision and others are better at carrying out the nuts and bolts of the vision and I see that as a sliding scale too. And again, we need both sides of the scale and everybody in between.
Praying is Doing
I have a lot of “doing” friends who exclaim dismissively when I talk about chanting or praying or holding a vision that “we need to actually DO something”. I’ve argued a few times that I think praying, chanting, etc. IS something.
Everything is energy. Each of us is energy. Thoughts have energy. The state of the world rests on the totality of energy. What each of us puts into the web makes a difference. When someone is able to hold an energy vibration of love and/or hold a positive set of beliefs and thoughts and visions for a positive outcome, that person is feeding the web with the energy of that possible direction.
“Doing” from the vision side in the current political situation might include:
- hold a vision of Hilary Clinton winning the electoral college vote or see her as President
- chant or pray for compassion and lovingkindness so you’re holding that space
- choose states with potential for the electors voting for Clinton instead of Trump and send prayers or energy or hold the vision of the voting switch
The more people are feeding the positive vision, the more energy is being sent to the vision. I’ll talk more in the next post about the impact of collective consciousness.
Action as Doing
There are also things that need to be done in an active sense, so once you’ve directed energy to the outcome you hope to achieve and framed a positive view, you can create a plan that maintains the new view.
While some are holding the energy, those who like to make a plan and get out there, some possible steps would be:
- find out which states have enough electoral votes to matter and of those which are the likeliest to vote for the popular winner instead of the electoral college winner
- it is legal in every state for the electors to vote for the candidate with fewer electoral college points but in some states they have to pay a fine. Find out if you’re in one of those states and start a fundraiser to help pay the fines and let the electors know the funds are there. A list of this year’s electors state by state is here.
- the folks who are suing for a recount in Florida need financial help. Start a fundraiser.
- Research Ms. Clinton and post positive statements in social media about her many accomplishments. Tell what she’s done for children. Tell how’s she shone as a diplomat. Name legislation she raised. Tell the story she wasn’t so good at telling. Send the energy to her by bringing positive attention.
- Start researching potential candidates for the mid term elections who show promise as good legislators and who have a good chance to beat the Republican.
- Put together a call list of relevant people in government, from your congressmen to officials of the electoral college to the DOJ, gather a group to make calls and share the list on social media.
Mixing the Two
Most people are going to be somewhere on the spectrum in between and will be comfortable doing a combination. I always recommend meditating or chanting or going inward in some way before making action plans and before taking action. The more you can keep your vibration raised and hold a compassionate space, the more your thoughts and actions will be peaceful and positive.
Your plan might include:
- Say the lovingkindness chant every day for 10-30 minutes
- Plan a ceremony wherein people will pray for and hold a focus on the outcome you are jointly seeking
- Hold a march FOR a vote recount
- Start a group to regularly sit in heart space and pray or chant (I’m going to post a breathing exercise soon that moves people into a powerful heart energy). For those of you in other countries who are concerned, this is a great way to support the effort.
- Start and circulate a petition to the electors in your state, asking them to vote for the popular vote winner
- Think ahead to the midterm elections and create a vision and plan for a changeover in the political landscape
Whether you’re one who holds a strong energy space and vision or one who rolls up sleeves and starts taking action out in the world or somewhere in between, there are always steps you can take to “do something”.