An embarrassingly long time ago Dimitie Kendall nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award. One of the requirements (full set of rules below) is to nominate 15 more bloggers and at the time I’d not been reading blogs long enough to have that many I’d been reading for any length of time. Dimitie’s main blog is Dimitie Kendall and is another spiritual journey blog. She’s also started a new blog called Eco Fashion Asia. Thanks so much Dimitie.
Today Karen Wan nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Karen has a writing blog that brings a spiritual perspective to blog writing. Her blog is Writing Your Destiny. Thank you Karen, for naming me.
To be really clear, in these awards everyone who is nominated is a winner, or nominated=winner, so no one is a winner more than another and the order I’ve put them in has to do with nothing in particular.
Now, first the rules for the Veratile Blogger:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Now for the 15 bloggers I’ve chosen for the Versatile Blogger award (in no particular order of preference):
- Karen Wan, Writing Your Destiny
- Geneva Robins, Over a Chair Feet’s Bloginess
- Jennie Matlock, Off on my tangent
- Violet, Violet’s Journey
- Eve Grzybowski, Yoga Suits Her
- Jennifer Hess, Karma Spot
- The Weekly Spoonful
- Heartwriter’s Blog
- Kadampa Life
- Georganne Spruce, Awakening to the Dance
- Kate Hawke, Kate’s Blog
- Amrita Skye Blaine, The Heart of the Matter
- Leanne Shirtliffe, Ironic Mom
- Connie Wayne, A Hope for Today
- Gaselle, Happy True Life
Technically I only have to tell the person who nominated me seven things about myself (see rules) but I’m going to just include them here:
- I took music lessons for many years
- I don’t read anything serious any more – three degrees wore me out on serious
- I’m a major francophile – since I was 10; think it must have been a past life…
- Though it’s hard to make room for more than France, I fell in love with Italy some years ago
- I’m a really mean, cranky driver; I might be the only person who knows how to drive :>)
- Writing fiction was like breathing for me as a child.
Now, on to the Sunshine Award. The rules are:
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person who gave this award and write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
The thank you is at the beginning of the post.
When it comes to favorites I rarely just have one, so these are just at this moment…
Favorite Color – pink
Favorite Animal – monkey
Favorite Number – 2
Favorite Drink – a cappuccino in Italy or a cafe crème in Paris
Facebook or Twitter – Preferably neither
Your Passion – Restored health
Giving or getting presents – I’d rather we all just donate to good causes
Favorite Day – Thanksgiving
Favorite Flowers – Long list – pretty much anything fragrant. Today I’d say gardenias.
And the list of nominee/winners:
- Dimitie Kendall
- Shannon, SpiritualiTea
- Chatting with Spirit, Hand in Hand with Spirit
- Jennifer, Namaste Consulting, Inc.
- Savoring Every Bite
- Backyard Provence
- Shoma Abhyankar, Astonishing India
- Julia’s Place
- Cheryl’s Place
- Carol, Free For All
Okay everyone, go forth. If you’re not on the list above, click away and check out some good blogs. If you’re on the list, pass it forward!